Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Health Sciences Librarian

Duties and Responsibilities:
Health sciences librarians collect and organize medical information and help practitioners find the information they need for patient care, education, research, and administration.
Librarians select books, journals, and other library material. They also organize information into collections and develop catalogs for access to patrons. They control budgets and supervise library technicians.
Average Salary: $35,000 - $55,000
Educational Requirements:
High school students should take challenging courses in information management, science, math, and English.
Health science librarians should earn and undergraduate degree and earn a master’s degree in library science from a program that is accredited by the American Library Association.

I’m not too sure if I’d like to be a health sciences librarian it does capture my interest however I feel like I would still need to do a deeper research to see if I would like to be this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment