Thursday, February 27, 2014

Perfusionist

Duties and Responsibilities:
Perfusionists operate circulation equipment during medical situations. This will occur in heart surgery or similar operations. They are also checking the patient’s temperature during surgery. Their duties include:
·         Operating heart-lung machines
·         Checking on some types of anesthesia
·         Checking on some types of medication for the patient.
Average Salary: $50,000
Educational Requirements:

Students should take biology and chemistry in high school if they are interested in being a perfusionist. A high school diploma is required. The training is offered at universities, health centers, and medical schools. They usually do hands-on training. A length of 150 procedures to include 20 pediatric and infant cases. 

I don't think I would be interested in being a perfusionist because it doesn't capture my attention. I didn't understand what exactly a perfusionist does. I also wouldn't like to be it because it seems like a boring career for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment