Thursday, February 6, 2014

Ophthalmic Technician

Duties and responsibilities:
Ophthalmic Technicians are responsible to collect data and measurements to make sure you have correct diagnosis of treatment for eye diseases and problems. They work at hospitals, clinics, and some can work in private practice. They are often:
·         Performing eye exams
·         Assist with eye surgery
·         Explain treatment for the patients so that they can be aware of what to do and what not to do.
Average Salary: $14,000 - $25,000
Educational Requirements:
If you are interested in being a ophthalmic technician you will need a high school diploma or GED certificate as well as a two year college that begin ophthalmic training. It can take about two years to complete.


I wouldn’t like to choose this as a career only because I do not like to perform nor assist in surgery. I’ve said it before I feel as if I will pass out during the procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment